Our Construction Law department offers a comprehensive service to the various professional actors within the construction sector (contractors, promotors, architects, engineering offices, building supervisors, surveyors, safety coordinators, experts, planning offices, project managers, control agencies, etc.) as well as a full service to private individuals. This entails:
- Contract drafting and review: agreements with architects, construction contracts, matters involving the Breyne Law, subcontracting, services (security or site coordinators), general conditions in matters of construction, and tender documents for public or private projects.
- Advice and assistance for the various parties involved in realising a project, ranging from design to construction on site. We also provide legal assistance regarding contract negotiation, as well as prior to any procedure.
- Expertise, arbitration and mediation: drafting of agreements for (extrajudicial) alternative dispute resolution (ADR) and assistance in the event of a procedure.
- Procedures: monitoring of the full procedure for construction projects, for example in decennial liability or latent defect procedures, neighbour nuisance, civil and criminal liability of contractors or other involved parties in case of accident, claims in case of dissolution or replacement in the event of non-performance, direct action by subcontractors, etc.
- Defense of building professionals under specific procedures: disciplinary cases against architects, registration of contractors, joint and several liability for subcontractors’ tax and social security debts, etc.
- Insurance: review, advice and assistance on specific legal issues regarding insurance in the construction industry, including ABR policy, decennial liability, civil liability, etc.
- Training: arranging training for building professionals (architects, safety and health coordinators, superintendents, promotors, etc.)